Are you looking for an invaluable way to serve the community and work with a great team at the same time?
Volunteers are the backbone of the Center and our mission of preserving the Japanese American experience in Hawai‘i. The JCCH requires a large cadre of volunteers. For this reason, we continue to accept applications throughout the year. There are many interesting and rewarding volunteer opportunities available:
- Archives Assistant
- Gallery Greeters and Docents
- Classroom Outreach
- Koseki and Translation Services
- Library Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Oral History Transcription
- Retail Sales/Cashier
- Special Events/Projects
While we recognize that many volunteers will contribute more hours than required, we ask that volunteers communicate their availability and the time they can commit to for most positions. Other volunteer positions, such as the Special Events position, are on-call. Join the team and help the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i serve the community and continue with our mission!
Volunteers at the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawai‘i enjoy the following benefits for sharing their time, skills, and experiences with us:
- Opportunities to share personal knowledge, skills, and experiences
- Educational and cultural enrichment programs for volunteers
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Free admission to gallery exhibits
- Borrowing privileges from the Resource Center (limitations may apply)
- Volunteer emails
- Free validated parking while volunteering
- Networking opportunities
- Most importantly, the satisfaction from helping others supports the JCCH's mission of sharing the history, heritage, and culture of the evolving Japanese American experience in Hawai‘i.